Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Rubik's Life

A record has been set. A man has finally completed a Rubik's cube that he's been working on for over 26 years. Ring the bells!

I had two immediate reactions:

1. I'm still a contender for this award. I have yet to complete a Rubik's cube, and I no plans to rectify that.

2. What kind of person can complete dedicate himself to something so petty as a Rubik's cube, that he'll put his family, friends, and other passions (this is assuming there were any) completely behind him.


That made me kind of sad. OK, yeah, he took 26 years to do a Rubik's cube, that's really depressing. Or is it? After sitting on it this afternoon, I started becoming...impressed. Let me reiterate, I won't be packing up my life to pursue the completion of time-consuming puzzles, but I can't help but wish I could muster up the commitment to one of my projects, something creative.

I'm in a mopey, bad mood. And articles about Rubik's cubes aren't helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment